Translate

5/10/11

Roasted Loin of Pork with Vegetables

There is a seasoning I have loved slathered on pork before roasting for years. It smells heavenly as it slow roasts away in the oven or if you roast it out of doors on the grill or in the smoker it works equally well and the flavor is wonderful. 

I had visited my FAVORITE BUTCHER at Rivertown Meats in Newburgh this past Saturday and purchased a beautiful 6 1/2 pound pork loin roast thinking i would need it Sunday for diner.

But.....we had brunch instead. Biscuits 'n gravy, ham, scrambled eggs, biscuits, and cinnamon rolls, hot coffee and OJ.  Thus I cut about 2 pounds off the end of the roast and wrapped the larger portion and froze it for another day. 

Today I wanted a meal that would just plain take care of it's self. So.....I grabbed a Lodge Dutch oven for a one pot meal. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

No comments: